Sunday, July 03, 2005

"Deep Impact" Follow-up

Good evening to all,
hope your weekend was a good one....
wow, it flew by so quickly.

Those of you who have been following the NASA project named "Deep Impact", might be wondering what time the event is said to occur. I dunno why it has been so difficult to find information as to when this thing is going to be happening, but from what I've found it should be sometime around 2am (United States Eastern time) on the morning on July 4th. For those of you not in the United States, it is approximately 7 hours from now (it is 6:13pm here at the moment) the collision of the space probe and the comet should be visible with the naked eye, and appear as a bright star in the Eastern sky (at least that's what I've heard). Still, I dunno how I feel about a project such as this, being done for the sake of "seeing what will happen". Messing with objects out there that aren't easily fixable isn't a good idea in my book. Just wanted to let any of you stargazers out there know about what will be going on early this morning while most everyone is asleep, as for me..... I'll have the telescope ready. *LOL

**Latest word: Update

Well, I stayed up to see what I could see, turned out that it was going to take place at 1:52am. I just got back in from standing outside, and actually did see something without my telescope, it wasn't a flash, and wasn't much more than what looked like a shooting star in the high Eastern sky. I waited a while, and not much more occurred. Though I did see what looked like a star get momentarily brighter, but it coulda just been regular twinklin' and my imagination filled in the rest. The telescope didn't help much. *LOL Anyhow, that's what I saw in relation to this story, Have a good day everybody !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home