Monday, August 14, 2006

Sharon's Condition Grim

Good morning,

While watching the morning news, I just heard word that former Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, is in grave condition after suffering a stroke which left him in a coma some months ago.

I admit I don't know much about the man, with the exception of a brief biography I read prior to mentioning this here, but I guess like all men who have made their mark on this world, or have entered into the world of politics or the military, he is loved or disliked by some.

His biography was very surprising to me, as I learned he was a member of Israel's paramilitary forces which eventually lead to the creation of the Israeli Defense Force, he was a general in the service of his country's military, and a member of Israel's first ever special forces unit. He eventually rose to political prominence when elected to the position of prime minister of his country, and even formed a third political party which gained a stong foothold within the Israeli parliament. An incredible life indeed.

He remains a controversial figure to some, regarding his tactics used during war. Like I said, he is loved or disliked by some, though with my limited knowledge on the subject, I can't make any judgements, all I can do is talk about what I read.

Mr. Sharon has been in a coma since suffering a massive stroke a few months ago. He now faces a big battle for his life as it has been diagnosed that he is suffering diminished brain activity, a secondary infection, and the onset of kidney failure. As someone who was there to be with my grandma in her final days, I know that means he is growing tired, and with that tiredness the body fights for a time until exhausted. If these are to be the final days of Ariel Sharon, I pray that he rests well and finds peace with God. If his life's journey is to end, the question of hero or villain will be between him and God, no longer for anyone else to decide.

With my reading of Mr. Sharon's biography, I have to admit I gained a new respect for the man, he truly has lead an incredible life. By all appearances, he served his country with distinction throughout his life, and that in itself is worthy of recognition and respect.

The life of a soldier is not an easy one, and at this time the soldier in Ariel Sharon fights on, I wish him well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home