Wednesday, August 24, 2005

INXS, Gene, and Tommy

Good afternoon to all,

I had a chance to see a few new shows: the INXS search for a lead singer show, Gene Simmons ripping off the School of Rock movie, and Tommy Lee runnin' around trying to pick up college chicks (the old fart). *LOL

Wassup with INXS doing such an "anti-rock" kinda thing as having an American Idol kinda show to find a new lead singer? OK, it may be anti-rock, but I'll be watching it, I admit it. *LOL I couldn't believe the kinda shmoes they had on there either, some cocky dude who looks like a Backstreet Boy, some smarmy dude who plays the part of the sensitive guy, some skinny blond dude who is genuinely forgettable, as I can't remember anything he did on the show, and a whole lotta blonde girls (which isn't a bad thing). Who chooses the music for that show? Sheesh, it's so cheesy that viewers should get a pack of crackers and a bottle of wine from the network. I guess that INXS is enjoying just making a little bit of money from the name, and inevitably from the tour they will have once the show wraps up (with the new lead singer). Interesting, but it won't be anything like the old INXS. I hate to say it, but I think the Backstreet Boy reject will win as he has a song delivery and voice that is kinda similar to Michael Hutchence (their former lead singer who passed away). In "similar", I mean in a parrot kinda way, as it's obvious that the dude is tryin' real hard to sound like ol' Mike.

Wassup with Gene Simmons scaring the heck outta some good English kids? I have to say that the show is a bit creepy, as even I (a fan of the early KISS records) doesn't get Gene's sense of humor at times. The kids look at Gene with a puzzled look that rivaled mine as I watched the show. I sure hope Jack Black is getting a kickback from this show because they're trying to re-enact the movie in almost every aspect. OK, I admit it, I'll be watching this one also. *LOL

Wassup with Tommy Lee runnin' around the University of Nebraska? The first words that come to mind is "lock up your daughters". Hope they tested the guy before he stepped foot on campus, because any girls he might hook up with would later be off-limits to most guys who don't want somethin strange growin' on them. The dude seems so out of place that it's just downright strange, but then again that adds to the appeal of the show. The early Motley Crue stuff was great, but their later efforts are another story. As for Tommy Lee's solo stuff, it's either too juvenile or too whiney about stuff he's goin' through, I wish he'd just rock out on his recordings and knock off the other BS. Still, even with all I'm sayin' about him, he did have Heather Locklear, and Pam Anderson, so who am I to say anything? *LOL As you might have guessed, yep, I'll be watching this one as well.

Anyone else seen these shows, and if so, what did you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home