Friday, September 02, 2005

It's about time !

Good afternoon to all,

It's about time that things finally look like something is being done. I saw New Orleans news coverage of food convoys, National Guard troops arriving, and people being evacuated by helicopter and bus. Now, we'll have a chance to see if the level of assistance improves or slows in the days following the president's visit into the area, my hope is that it proceeds in an orderly manner, quickly and completely, not forgetting anyone or any area regardless of the economic standing of the residents. Word from one really good blog called Katrina's Wrath, who are doing so much for the people of their city by getting first hand accounts of what is going on out there and forwarding the information to city and state authorities, says that some of the outlying parishes such as St. Bernard, have been all but forgotten these 5 days later. This type of thing surely can't stand in this day and age. This great country, which I've loved all my life is not the place divided along so many lines as it seems today, I still believe it is a country with a big heart that shows itself in the biggest way at those times when we need to come together in a common goal. My only hope is for the survivors to be able to think of their country in the way I just mentioned, though after all they've been I can only imagine they must be wondering who cares for them. Today was a good first step, but now it's time to do the whole dance and fix this fiasco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home